Nov 24, 2007

JWM, OSO...

At the outset, let me confess to the crime that I committed...
I watched a Kareena movie (Jab We Met) in a theatre... (note to self: to err is human)
I liked the movie (note to self: I have lost it... no hope for me)

As if that wasn't enough, I also went and watched Om Shanti Om... as i said, lost it completely... 2 Hindi movies in 2 days, that too in theatres...

but that is not what this post is about... and if you are expecting a review or my opinion on the movies, let me tell you that I don't do movie reviews... more of that sometime...

Anyways, has it ever happenned to you that you make a self-deprecating joke, and the audience conveniently ignores the joke part...
like the time I tell my friends "ok, my PJs aren't that good", only to get a "yes, we agree" :((
or the time I tell someone "I am not all that smart", and he/she nods sympathetically in agreement...

well, for once, I happenned to be on the other side of the joke...
Bebo is pulled into the train in the opening scene in JWM by some bugger, and she says, "abhi main andar aa gayi hoon, abhi toh haath chod do... itni bhi acchi nahi dikhti hoon"
and I was nodding in agreement, unsympathetically...

OSO... again, I wont give my opinion...
just that when SRK repeats, "tum bore toh nahin ho rahi hai na" for the 3rd time, I shud confess I was a little bored...
and when they say "picture abhi baaki hai" for the first time, I said "good... i dint pay 100 bucks to leave so soon..." but when they repeated it soooo many times, I shud again confess that I felt "nahi, bas... khatam karo... screw the happys endings"

ok, if you found the above absolutely crappy, please attribute it to the fact that I saw 2 movies in 2 consecutive days in a movie theatre... something that I have never done in life...

after all, "main itna bhi bura nahi likhta"

No comments:

Post a Comment