Jun 19, 2008

Me and my shitty job...

Regular readers of this blog (yes, such unfortunate souls do exist!) would remember me talking bullshit...

Well, just when I thought I was over and done with projects involving undigested remnants of bovine animals' dinners, I find myself with another, for lack of a better word, interesting project...

Well, there is a mineral clay which is used in lots of places... but the primary use for it is cat litter... yes, you heard that right... cats are trained to drop their unholy shit in litter boxes which are filled with this material... and this makes it easier for disposal apparently...

so now I am searching my way through google, trying to find research reports on how many household cats are there in USA and Europe (more than 50 million), how many of them are toilet trained (data still unavailable), how many tons of shit they generate (if I don't get data, I'll have to extrapolate... if a buffalo can do 5 tons a year, a cat should do __ tons a year... something like the question they ask in consulting job interviews on campus), etc etc...

I sometimes wonder how I always get to poke my nose into such projects... but I still love it because, after I submit the report and the boss says "It's such a crappy report", I could retort, "It was meant to be... after all, the report has to be consistent with the end product."

So, for all those people who are complaining that they are doing shitty work, or cribbing that their bosses stink, I have just one thing to say: "You ain't smelt anything yet!"

*******************************************************************************

PS: The same mineral is used in face creams and mud packs... now we know why women get into all those catfights...

No comments:

Post a Comment