Jan 24, 2008

Rahu Kaalathula porandhavane... (translated as "person born during rahu kaal")

People who know me well would also know that I consider myself a pretty rational human being. Not the kind that believe in odd superstitions, like rahu kaal. Inspite of this.

Well, today was just another day at the office. Me, working hard on a deal, only for it to fall apart. So, before I took up the second deal on which I was supposed to work, I decided to take a small break during the lunch and play a simple game to relax myself. Since success in card games usually depends on some luck in the way the cards are dealt, I thought I would opt for the simpler Minesweeper. After all, once you get a correct opening, it is based purely on calculations. Or so I thought.

Until I came to this... (pay close attention to the top left panel which denotes that there is just one mine left. See two unopened boxes just below a smiling face. I just need to guess the correct one and I have won this game. The top right panel shows the time taken, but then, I am not so slow as you may infer... the game was played with a lot of other breaks in between).

People who are not familiar with the game won't get it. My apologies...

I need not have put up the "what happenned next?" part... but then, just to clear any doubts...


Any guesses on whether the deal I am working on will pass through?

2 comments:

  1. hahaha... nothing new... except for the level i guess... that is why i always play the beginner level... that at least does not require so much effort going waste at the end... but yeah nice trick... u knew it was gonna happen so u took screen shots...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Anand:
    the first time this happenned, i just clicked... and lost... that was 2 days back...

    the next time, i HAD to take screen shots...

    ReplyDelete