Oct 16, 2019

Ask and you shall receive...

There was a guy who used to go "Marriage? Why?"
He used to joke, "I am just a happy go lucky guy"
"Really don't see the need to go and get married"
Everywhere he went, he was repeatedly harried
Everyone asked "You have a girlfriend, right? Don't lie!"

"You people live life", he said, "with a bloody checklist"
"Eat, sleep, study, work, marry, have kids" is all you insist!
"All I want is to live my life my way, with nary a care
Read and write, dream and doodle, with lots of time to spare"
'Single and Proud' was his motto, then his story took a twist!

After all, they say the best laid plans of men and mice
Go the same way as Senor Columbus's search for spice
One fine day, even as he was merrily 'going with the flow'

Suddenly, a long lost friend pinged and said "Yo bro...
How are you doing? Btw... I know a girl who is very nice..."
"Et tu, Brutus" said our man at first, but on second thought

Since he had nothing better to do, he went "Why not?"
After all, what's the worst that could happen if we just meet
If she likes me, good, if she doesn't, I'll beat a hasty retreat
Doesn't matter either way, but at least it is worth a shot...

You might we wondering where is this story headed
Er... All I can say is, some months later, he was wedded
Simply because she liked a poem, which for her, he had threaded...

**************************************************************
PS: Marking the anniversary of the luckiest day of my life. With a stupid rhyme, because... why not!





3 comments:

  1. 🥰🥰🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure most of the guys reading this would be rushing to congratulate you on your wedding anniversary without realising that it is the anniversary of the date of first meeting Anusha!! This goes to prove how ignorant they rae about the real dates.

    ReplyDelete